Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Live Model

Oil     8" X 10"

I so love working with a live model. Unfortunately, that has become a cause for problems because the opportunity to paint from a live model doesn't always exist as often as I like.  So when that happens, instead of shifting gears and painting a still-life or painting from photos, I sit and brood.

Today I have an opportunity to paint plein-aire with a group from my art association but the weather looks pretty bad.  Two days ago I also could have painted plein-aire but life got in the way.

I guess I'll really have to make an attempt to be more flexible.

This painting was one of two sisters posing in a studio last week.  They were playing chess at the time.  This is a good setup because even though they move, they still come back to the same positions often. I painted and drew several views of both the girls but liked this one the best.

No comments: