Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Home Brew

As I write some of these posts I realize just how much fun my Friday drawing group is.  I recall several months back at one of our sessions; the studio was packed and everyone was in good humor.  During the first break the model informed us that he was into brewing beer; not just any beer but exotic brands.  He quickly listed some half dozen types.  There were ales and stouts and the list went on.  He really knew his stuff and took great pride in his hobby.  I was impressed!

But more importantly he had a sample with him; not too much but an adequate amount.   He would be pleased for each of us to test some.  And several of us did test it: I included.  Now, how could you beat this:

  • An excellent model
  • Thoughtfully adjusted lighting
  • Pleasant music
  • Friendly company
  • And a glass of delicately brewed barley.

The sample glass of brew tasted great.  What an enjoyable few hours.

Round 2
Charcoal  17" X 15"
My drawing took on a less insistent mood and the charcoal seemed to flow more easily.  This is one of the drawings from that session.  It brings back pleasant memories every time I look at it.

No comments: