Monday, May 20, 2013

Ink World

Well it looks like I'm in for it now.  While Kristen Dukat was visiting Portland she generously introduced me to the world of alcohol inks.  It is a beautifully vivid and extremely fluid medium.  I thought watercolor had a mind of its own but these inks can quickly get wildly out of control.  The Yupo paper that is used allows the colors to glow, but the price for that glow is a monumental loss of control by the artist.

Here are some of the starts I made to try to get the feel of this medium.  Actually, some of what she taught me is beginning to sink in.  Now the time is fast approaching where I will have to produce.   Kristen is holding my feet to the fire.  She demands that I paint some finished pieces in return for the knowledge she has given me.  Okay Kristen, practice time is over and I'll do my best.  Back to the studio now!

1 comment:

Kristen Dukat Art said...

I expect to see these on DPW very soon! ;)